Saturday, January 19, 2013

Last Night in Winter

Snow falling from the sky.
Children are making snowman, playing snow fight and rolling on the ground to make snow angels, while their parents are chit chatting with each other in the terrace.
The city for lovers became white as it is covered with snow.
I'm sitting in the living room, having a glass of wine while writing a poem.
Looking at the window, I see a snowman which was made by those kids.
A smile implicitly appears from my lips, but tears keep rolling out from my eyes.
Suddenly it stops snowing.
Sun came out from its hiding place, shining brightly, heating up the whole city with its warm heat.
I'm getting off the couch, grab my coat and go out.
Wind blows into my body, making my warm body become so chilly.
I'm staring at the sky which one was sunny but now it's dark and lonely.
Moon doesn't shine neither do stars.
Where are those beautiful things which usually decorate the sky every night?
Where are the angels?

Afternoon changes to evening changes to night.
Sunshine changes into moonlight.
Beautiful day changes into cold dark night.
And today will be a history after the dawn in the next morning.
I don't want to go to sleep tonight because I don't want to face tomorrow.
A day when I have to leave this town, you and all those things we have done in here then go back to my old boring life with people who don't know me as well as you are.
This place, which I considered as my home will still be my favorite place to stay if I got another chance to come back.
The city, which once was an unknown city to me, now becomes the most beautiful city I have ever been to.
That peaceful feeling always surrounds me whenever I entered this state.
You are one of the reasons why.

Every hello has a good-bye.
And when the time comes for me to say good bye to this town, I don't want to make it as if it'll be my last time staying here in this place.
Because this city is the place where I can found you, my happiness, which I can never found it in another place.
People said that love makes me insane, which is true but they have no clue about the love which I'm having right now.
A love of the city for lovers.
A love for someone that I can never found one in a big city.
And a love which is priceless.
Every human creature who got trapped in love must have had same feeling that I'm having right now.
The miserable feeling about leaving a precious town and a happy feeling for spending the entire week with a special person.
Love doesn't always mean a feeling to someone, but it can also mean about your likeliness about a place where you can find your self smiling and being happy with no borders.
It is most likely that we love certain places because there is a person in that place who loves us to be there.
This last night is very cold, colder than previous nights.
Does this mean the city is saying good bye to me and doesn't want me to come back?

Rain came from no where, waters the whole city as you walk towards the front door.
When you enter the house, that would be my last direct greeting to you until we meet again next season.

2 comments: