Wednesday, February 29, 2012

First day orientation

February 29th, 2012 was my first student orientation in college. I go to Laguardia Community College located in Long Island City, New York.
I thought it was going to be a boring thing to attend. But when the orientation began, it was so exciting. There was a dance club called LPAC. They were performing break dance on the beginning and in the middle of the orientation. I was entertained by them. Then we went to smaller groups. We got to know each other and what they are studying at, and where they ate going to be in 5 years.
Well me, I'm gonna be in New York University Medical School. Hopefully I can get into honor program in here so that it would be easier for me to get in NYU.
At the end of the orientation we were sent to the atrium of E building to get to know school's clubs and things.
I found it was really interesting. They have like a stand for honor program, writing tutoring, and the one I like ilwas math club. I'm not a math geek, but if there are any math club, I would really like to join them.
The clubs in the school are actually to help student on their courses. Like math club pr writing class, they are going to help you with math problems or writing problems. It's like a small study group.
Last but not least, they held raffle. They jackpot was iPod.
It was really fun though. And the new students seem nice and friendly. But we won't know until we got to know them.

No comments:

Post a Comment